The Mini House Project and its proposed communities not only align with the “housing first model”, a proven success which moves a houseless individual or household immediately from the streets or homeless shelters into their own apartments, and costs a 1/3 less of the money it currently costs to manage those who are houseless on the streets, but also aligns with and supports every organization that currently provides human services by providing a stable and sustainable location for their houseless clients to be found, to work with, so postal services can be utilized so houseless individuals can receive the vital documents they need, and to assure greater efficiency in existing programs that are struggling to break the starting over cycle of “client can’t be found. Which overall saves millions of dollars and countless hours of wasted time and resources.
Much of our community program is based off the expertise and experience of Portland Oregon’s Dignity Village. A 15 year running, self-governed tiny house-village model which has a number of advantages for everyone, particularly for homeless people, but also for taxpayers and businesses.
Using Aevolve Block Solutions, a mini house can be built in in less than eight hours by two people using lightweight, but yet durable . The blocks are joined together using a rubber hammer. The erection of the house does not require electricity, so it can also be built in remote regions and crisis areas.
Purpose and advantages
- An urban Mini House Community offers an alternative method that is preferable to many homeless people, provides a starting point and bridge between the current gutter and the future permanent housing and is beneficial for the broader community as well, and offers many advantages, including the following:
- Residents gain a sense of community and human connection
- Residents enjoy a much safer environment, especially women, elderly and people with disabilities and/or special needs
- Residents are able to form stable affinity groups and longer-term relationships
Helping to building a better world in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner
ABOUT AE BLOCKSOur block solutions used in our homes we build use cheaper and more sustainable items than traditional cinderblock.s Our blocks are Cost-efficient, modular, fast, modifiable and sustainable. The carbon footprint of the product is close to zero: the material used is ecological biocomposite, which contains wood fiber as a by-product of the forest industry.
- Each modulary houses are built to be affordable and durable
- They can be set up quickly with just a few tools
- They can also be dismantled and rebuilt.